It’s usually a leaky ceiling or puddles forming inside your house before you think about potential roofing problems. We at Ollie’s don’t want you to wait for a problem to appear. We hope by giving you these few hints, you can avoid emergency repairs or having to wait for a roof replacement
Look for the following signs:
* Roof Framing – Start off by checking the roof framing structure to make sure it has not been compromised. Visually scan the roof for any sagging or uneven areas.
* Missing Shingles – High winds can remove shingles from your roof, creating an invitation for leaks. You can use binoculars to inspect your roof without a ladder.
* Shingles – Look for obvious signs of peeling, cracks, curling or torn shingles. These are indicators of shingles past their effective date. It’s time to replace them.
* Stains or Watermarks on your ceiling can indicate a leaking roof, even if you don’t see a puddle. It’s important to find the source of the leak and make the repairs before the problem grows.
*Discoloured Shingles can be a sign of mold or algae growth on your roof, particularly in warm, wet climates. The elements are hard on a roof, causing it to deteriorate and fail.
* Age – If you have a typical asphalt shingle roof, and it’s more than 10-15 years-old, chances are you are going to need to replace it.